[Techtalk] Unix command-line tools to edit SharePoint site?

Gayathri Swaminathan gayathri.swa at gmail.com
Tue May 27 01:13:10 UTC 2008

Think there are quite a few ways to work with Sharepoint,

a) either scripting via Perl using webdav
b) Powershell - M$ version of scripting tool
c) scripting via Python using webdav

personally would go with option (c) and this specific project looks like a
good start - http://sourceforge.net/projects/pysharepoint

Good luck!

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 3:01 PM, Kelly Jones <kelly.terry.jones at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I begrudgingly use a Windows SharePoint server at a customer's request.
>
> I'd like to automate (command-line) updating and creating documents,
> lists, etc.
>
> Is there a Unix tool that does this?
>
> I know SharePoint has an "API", which basically spoofs the GET/POST
> calls that your browser would make(?).
>
> Has anyone written a Unix command-line tool (or Perl module, etc) that
> abstracts this?
>
> --
> We're just a Bunch Of Regular Guys, a collective group that's trying
> to understand and assimilate technology. We feel that resistance to
> new ideas and technology is unwise and ultimately futile.

Gayathri Swaminathan
gpgkey: 3EFB3D39
Volunteer, FDP