[Techtalk] xemacs & ssh

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Tue May 13 22:13:45 UTC 2008

Gayathri Swaminathan wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Just a few questions to understand the setup.
>
> - Is sshd_config allowing X forwarding? ForwardX11 - guessing yes :)
> - What is your client using meaning OS wise?
> - In the server on your client's home is there a .Xauthority file? Is it
> readable to them?
>
> Thanks,
> Gayathri

I think X forwarding has to be on to get the xemacs window to show up at
all, but yes, it is on. My client is using a mac, and she has a readable
.Xauthority file in her home directory. I am also using a mac when I
test it, and I don't have problems.

One of the weird thing is that often she loses the xemacs window while
typing in the xemacs window.

thanks,
maria