[Techtalk] xemacs & ssh

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Tue May 13 08:01:43 UTC 2008

I have a user who has a problem with xemacs locking up on her when she
runs it remotely. This is over an ethernet cable, so it isn't a
connection problem, and anyway it seems to just be xemacs, not the ssh
connection itself. This does not happen to me, running on the same
system, so I think it must be something in her x config files. I was
wondering what all config files are used by x when ssh tunneling? I'd
like to just delete all of her x config files, but I don't see any that
are just .xorg or something like that, which is what I would expect. Are
gnome config files used when tunneling? Should I start by deleting her
gnome configs? She rarely logs in locally, so she doesn't care if I
screw up her preferences there.

thanks,
maria