[Techtalk] Virtual Printer

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Sat Mar 29 15:16:42 UTC 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008 12:41:07 Joana Botto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you both for your answers. But that I already have implemented.
> I'm looking for a product like the paperless printer that is only
> available for windows. It has to have XLS and DOC and TXT and PDF
> available, not only PDF nor I can't say to users to use Open Office,
> that's already what they do.
> I have search a lot in the Internet and haven't found this product so
> I will assume that no one has implemented it in Linux.

In Open Office you can open all these documents, and also save to these
formats.  Just choose "Save As..." and choose the format you want (XLS or DOC
or whatever).  So, instead of printing to the format, you save to the format.
Does that help at all?  I'm trying to figure out what exactly you are using
this for; sometimes in Linux you need to do things a little bit differently,
but you can usually get the same end result.

--
Andrea Landaker
http://www.icecavern.net/~qirien/