[Techtalk] K tea-time starts every day :(

Glen Strom gstrom at teksavvy.com
Mon Jun 23 04:46:53 UTC 2008

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 18:33:44 +0200
Anne Wainwright <anotheranne at fables.co.za> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sorry, silly little question. How do I stop this utility from starting
>at boot up every time I switch on?
>
>I have looked and looked, and cannot to no avail.
>
>simple instructions gratefully received

I don't know which distro you're running, but there's probably a
startup file in /usr/share/autostart called kteatime.desktop. (I
think /usr is now the default location for KDE in most distros). You
could delete the file, but you might want to move it somewhere for
safekeeping instead, just in case some day you want it.

You'll probably need to be root to move the file since the permissions
are likely root root.

--
Glen Strom
gstrom at teksavvy.com