[Techtalk] Asus EeePC

Lana Brindley lbrindle at redhat.com
Sun Jun 22 23:34:48 UTC 2008

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On 21/06/2008, Roberta Gallini <regina.amazzone at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Billie,
>
>>  People had also installed a smaller version of Ubuntu (eeeubuntu) , but I
>>  think that Xandros works just fine.
>
> Except that Xandros comes with very old versions of software, like
> Amarok is 1.4.3 on the Eee (older than 18 month!) and a few more. If
> you want recent software you are better off with eeubuntu, and it
> looks more standard (you don't have to know bad documented shortcuts
> to get a CL).
>
> Greets
>
> Myriam

Hi Billie,

I've just gotten me one of these little things too, although I haven't
had much of a chance to play with it yet. I see Myriam recommends
eebuntu (above), but in the interests of being bipartisan (I haven't
tried either so can't comment on pros/cons), you can check out eeedora
as well. Link is here: http://complexvalues.com/ and here
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/eeedora:installing

Good luck - please let us know if you put something else on, and how it
works for you!

Lana