[Techtalk] Hijacking a thread (was Re: Clearing a port)

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Fri Jul 11 00:52:16 UTC 2008

Helly Cynthia,

Am 2008-07-09 11:31:12, schrieb Cynthia Kiser:
> I personally consider the ones that take the subject line change over
> in-reply-to information as broken. But I have spent several years on
> mailing lists full of people on yahoo and aol mail accounts who had
> never even heard of threading, much less understand that there could
> be different methods of doing it. So I have learned to shrug and
> ignore it. Mutt does have a 'break thread' command that I think is
> supposed to allow one to fix this sort of thing in your own display. I
> say 'I think' because I only ever access that command when I typo some
> other command I use frequently.

Yeah, this is what I have used <#>.  Break her message out of the  "old"
thread.  With <t> TAG and <&> you can repair threads.

Note:   The "References:" header is RFC and standard and is very hard to
        implement... (I am currently coding an Office Communication Suit
        and try to get the threating right in the GTKTreeview, --  HELL,
        this pig cost me the last nerv!)

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)