[Techtalk] VLANs and linux

Tracey C grrliegeek at elenari.net
Fri Jan 11 02:55:55 UTC 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 6:19 PM, Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

> I am confused on making VLANs. I have a nice cheep Netgear 8-port smart
> switch
> that includes VLAN guff that I got for testing. But I keep getting stuck,
> and
> the Netgear manual assumes I know what I'm doing. I should be able to
> create
> a couple of VLAN segments on a single switch, shouldn't I?

Well, I've only worked with Cisco switches (in emulation). They are able to
have multiple VLANs per switch, it's one of the big advantages of VLAN.

Using Google - fu I found this, which might or might not help depending on
your model.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/21617-42-netgear-switch-7300s-series-7328s-vlan-creation

Good luck :)

Tracey