[Techtalk] Mounting an NFS share

Sunbird sunbird_0 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 21:35:44 UTC 2008

Hi Anne,

Sorry for top post but yahoo isn't quoting your stuff so am taking easy way.

You say the nfs share isn't showing as expected.  What does it tell you in particular?

Next, it sounds like the report you are getting, wrong fs type, is software trying to mount reiser with an ext3 command.
I am not an expert unfortunately, but am willing to work with you on it and do what I can.

I don't think the difference in filesystems, one drive to another matters, only just what the mounter expects the mountable system to be.
The error is one I would get if I tried to mount the wrong filesystem.  So the type has to be right.

I don't use nfs, so am not sure what program is doing the mounting.  Need the appropriate info set in fstab, I think, to do it.

Am unclear if these are 2 different machines or just 2 different partitions.  And if they are on the same network (LAN).

Can you tell me more, based on this info, and we can go from there?

-- Pat