[Techtalk] finding a warm-mist humidifier that isn't garbage

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Dec 22 04:01:43 UTC 2008

On Sunday 21 December 2008 16:22:34 Elwing wrote:
> We used to use a Vicks warm humidifier, but it does share some of the
> problems you point out - you have to add salt to get steam, and it
> leaves cruddy stuff at the bottom to clean out every night.  Our new
> house has a whole house humidifier (Aprilaire 560

I just want a room humidifier. I've tried both cool and warm mist, and I like
the warm mist better.

I am leaning towards electric hot plate + kettle. I have no reason to be
suspicious of the safety of hot plates, except scary stories from landlords
in my distant past. Thoughts anyone? Other than "don't fall on it when you're
stumbling around all sleepy in the dark on the way to the bathroom". :)

Carla

--
Carla Schroder

many more Linux howtos at