[Techtalk] finding a warm-mist humidifier that isn't garbage

Raquel raquel at thericehouse.net
Sun Dec 21 20:30:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 11:50:25 -0800
Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

> hey all, yeah, this is probably off-topic, but I'm getting
> frustrated. All I want is a warm-mist humidifier for my bedroom. I
> already tried a couple of inexpensive ones, and they were both
> junk. They worked fine for a few nights, but were hard to clean,
> and both gave up the ghost in a few days.

I can't recommend a warm mist humidifier (they grow mold too easily)
but, I can recommend a cool mist humidifier.  Nine months ago we
bought a "Honeywell HCM-6009 QuietCare 9-Gallon Console Humidifier
with Air Washing Technology"
http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1229891068/ref=sr_pg_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&keywords=humidifier&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ahumidifier&page=2

It's on 24/7 (it's very dry here with humidity being in the single
digits during July, August, September and, October.  It keeps most of
the house about 45% humidity for us and we are having much fewer
problems because of it.

It cost about $100 and we replace the $7.50 (actually buying 4 for
the price of 3 on Amazon) filters about every 30 days.

--
Raquel
http://www.byraquel.com