[Techtalk] n00b help: trust / aiptek graphics tablet

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Dec 3 17:54:34 UTC 2008

maxiie writes:
> Please help... I'm relatively new to fiddling with linux...
>
>  I need to get a trust TB 4200 graphics tablet to run correctly in
> ubuntu Linux mint 6 (felicia).
>
> The tablet responds only in so far that it moves in the correct direction.
>
> 1) the tablet resolution is incorrect
>
> 2) the pointer is wobbly
>
> 3) the buttons on  the pen do not work

I don't know that tablet at all (I have a Wacom Graphire, which
basically works though on most distros you have to do some fiddling
with udev permissions or similar). But I believe that most tablets,
even if they're not Wacom, use the wacom driver on Linux,
and that project has a help page suggesting things to try:
http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/help

If that doesn't work, the linuxwacom-discuss mailing list mentioned
on that page might be a good place to find people who have used
different types of tablets (or if not, they might know where to ask).

Good luck! Tablets, unfortunately, seem to be not very standard and
sometimes take a fair bit of effort to get working.

	...Akkana