[Techtalk] o great audio geeks... USB a/d converters

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Aug 15 03:31:40 UTC 2008

Once again the techtalk brainiacs come through! Thanks everyone.

What I'm doing is setting up both a PC-based recording studio, and a laptop
for portable recording. y'all Ardour geeks are going to have to party without
me; I'm using Audacity because it doesn't require a PhD in crazed
interfaces :).

Getting a basic set of gear is pretty straightforward- the part I got hung up
on was whether to use an internal soundcard or an external USB device. For a
studio USB widgets work fine, but they're a bit of a hassle for field
recording.

I also have a Zoom H2, which is more fun than everything else put together. :)

Carla

--
Carla Schroder

many more Linux howtos at