[Techtalk] thinkpad opinions wanted

Michelle M michelle at murrain.net
Mon Sep 3 19:43:30 UTC 2007

Michelle Konzack wrote:

> The Wifi does work on Debian with 2.6.18 and I have a/b/g availlable.

You definitely have the Atheros chipset?

When I shopped around for an R60/61 (I forget which) it said it shipped
with an Intel wireless chipset - but they changed it at some point
recently to Atheros so some R60s have Intel, and work fine, and others
have Atheros, and at least with Ubuntu, have serious problems.

I had to return the one I bought - I couldn't get it to work at all, and
ran into lots of walls (I wish I had documented it - it's all a haze now.)

Peace,
Michelle
--
Michelle Murrain