[Techtalk] thinkpad opinions wanted

Maria Pinjanainen maria at tietonoita.fi
Mon Sep 3 06:50:02 UTC 2007

On  3 Sep, EevaJärvinen wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 11:25:10AM -0700, Carla Schroder wrote:
>> hey all,
>>
>> I have a nice older Thinkpad R32 that is a great little machine. Its
>> only flaw is the screen is not as bright as I want, so I'm thinking
>> of getting a newer Thinkpad. I like the 14" screen size because that
>> is perfect for bed or sitting on the couch. Are the newer ones
>> brighter, like the R61 for one example?
>
> The R60 I use for my home computing has a plenty bright screen in my
> opinion, at least for indoor use.  It's the one equipped with ATI
> video (which works, but took some trouble to get working properly) and
> the 1400 x something display.
>

> Eeva

I use T60 home and often for work too... 14" and 1400 x is fine.
Brightness is not so good as in some media laptops and in Macs, but
better than old Thinkpads. It is bossible to use in light shadow. TP
makes displays with older 1028 x 768 resolution and then you can get a
little bit better brightness.

-m-