[Techtalk] opinions wanted!

gossamer axe gsmraxe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 15:21:06 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 7:43 PM, Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

>  I'm writing the outline for the 2nd edition of the Linux Cookbook, whee,
> how the years do fly by. What topics are your burning desire? In addition to
> correcting embarassing blunders and updating old stuff, I'll add chapters on
> software RAID, LVM, and Zeroconf/Avahi.
>
> What else should go in there? Check the table of contents for inspiration:
>
> http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxckbk/toc.html

Wow!  and I thought I was the last user on the planet that used JOE ;)  How
about a short blurb about a few other console text editors.  Just to give
the user an idea that there's more to edit text than JOE and Vim.

On the file systems, maybe a little info about why to use journaling FS
rather than EXT2.

My apologies if this stuff is already in the book, I haven't read it yet.  I
also wasn't sure of the level of user the book is a target for.

I too will look forward to when it's published...It sounds like a very handy
book to have around =]

--
Gossamer Axe
gsmraxe at gmail.com