[Techtalk] Programming language for a beginner?

AstroGirl astrogirl at spin.net.au
Fri Nov 23 03:24:45 UTC 2007

Hi all.

I'm interested in learning to program for a living.. :) I was looking for a
suggestion for a language. I've never really programmed before - but looking
around, Python looks interesting (mostly because of pygame, admittedly!). Is
that a good starting language, or is there something that employers would be
looking for instead? If there are any Aussies reading - is there a good place
to learn to program? The TAFE courses in my area seem to cover everything BUT
programming (OH&S, communication, how to use a mouse... :p)..

I appreciate any advice or help! :)
Thank you!

AstroGirl