[Techtalk] Gentoo Kernel Upgrade - unable to mount root partition

Kat binaryjane at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:44:54 UTC 2007

On 11/1/07, Mani A <a.mani.cms at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/31/07, Kat <binaryjane at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Just to be certain that I'm actually on the right track here... I do
> > have a SATA drive, right?
> >
> > Output from lspci:
> >
> > 00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GBM/GHM (ICH7 Family)
> > Serial ATA Storage Controller IDE (rev 01)
> >

> To see what it is
>
> # hdparm -I <device name>

This doesn't seem to work for SATA drives.

I found the model number of the drive by booting into the windows
partition and checking the device manager. Cheating, I'm sure!
Anyway... A google search tells me that it is a SATA drive, so I'll
keep messing with the configuration to see if I can get it worked out.

Kat