[Techtalk] virtual worlds

Miriam English mim at miriam-english.org
Sun May 27 00:37:59 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this to. It seems to me that it
is aimed at a woman who has some technical expertise, so I've decided to
risk it. My apologies if it annoys anybody.

I'm one of the founding members of the Virtual Reality Association. Just
the other day I received a request from a journalist to interview "a
woman aged between 18 to 36 years old who readily admits she spends a
large amount of her time in virtual world games, and who wouldn't mind
being photographed. The interviewee would also be paid for her time and
effort."

I am well outside the target age group and though I build virtual
worlds, I haven't spent much time in them in recent years and have lost
contact with those who do. So I racked my brains to try to think of
someone with the qualities required. The best I could think of was to
post the request here.

The journalist is in Australia, so I assume she is looking for someone
also here in Australia, but that might not be so. Rather than post the
woman's details here publicly, if anyone feels they (or someone they
know) is suitable then email me and I'll put you directly in touch with
the journalist.

Best wishes,

	- Miriam