[Techtalk] More questions about C and GTK+ stuff

Wolfgang Petzold petzold at villa-chaos.de
Tue May 15 06:22:55 UTC 2007

Hello!

Michelle Konzack:
> It seems, that this can only be done/solved with multi threating...
> BUT HOW?

My guess would be to have a look at the pthread library. Google
took me (among others) to this tutorial[1] which seems to me
to indeed explain some first steps using it.

[1] http://yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialPosixThreads.html

Please correct me someone if there is some more modern way to
handle thread programming; I have never been into thread
programming except for curiosity (and I failed and quickly
gave up, back then).

Hope this helps,
Wolfgang