[Techtalk] Timidity and Alsa

Daniele Dutra daniele.dutra at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:00:51 UTC 2007

Hi David,

Try adding/uncommenting the following line:

TIM_ALSASEQ=true

If that doesn't solve the problem, take a look at the following page:
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/~djm/ubuntu/
There's a section about installing and configuring timidity (Install
TiMidity (MIDI player/software synthesizer) )

Cheers!
Daniele

On 5/7/07, David Sumbler <david at aeolia.co.uk> wrote:

> A couple of weeks ago I upgraded my Ubuntu installation from Edgy to
> Feisty.
>
> I have sound in some applications, but not all.  Every time I boot I am
> told that Alsa can't be started, because Timidity is not configured, and
> I need to edit /etc/default/timidity.  I've had a look at this file, but
> I have no idea what I am supposed to put in it.  The current version of
> the file only has one active line, which (with the preceding comment)
> is:
>
> # Setting overrides (of /etc/timidity.conf) for the ALSA sequencer
> daemon
> TIM_ALSASEQPARAMS="-B2,8 -Os"
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I am supposed to do to get Alsa to start
> properly?
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> David
>
> --