[Techtalk] ubuntu 7.04 desktop effects and upper bar buttons

Amy Hussey rpgirl1981 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 19:14:22 UTC 2007

On 6/23/07, Roberta Gallini <regina.amazzone at gmail.com> wrote:
> Last week I had the great idea (insert snicker here) to upgrade to Feisty.
> Apart from the fact that I didn't notice this great improvement, I
> have problems with toolbars.
> Everytime I log in and I open a new windows, the upper bar isn't there
> and to make it work I have to try and activate Desktop Effects, even
> if after a while I'm told that they cannot be activated.
> I have "googled" but so far I found people who solved either
> reinstalling everything (I tried that and it was exactly the same) or
> they have a different video card.
> I have an integrated VIA that never gave me problems with Dapper or Edgy.
> Any idea?
> Roberta

I found a workaround that worked for me: metacity.  I just typed
"metacity" in a terminal and my bars came back.

I found it here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=307530 .

I hope that helps you out.

Amy
--
FUD: Beware of the penguin.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear%2C_uncertainty_and_doubt

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati.  (When all else fails, play dead.)
~~Possum Lodge Motto