[Techtalk] strange hardware question

Jennifer oneferna at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 23:04:49 UTC 2007

On 6/21/07, Maria McKinley <maria at shadlen.org> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Has anyone had an experience where a computer case seems to "go bad"? I
> had a computer die on me, and ever since then, even though I have
> changed out all of the innards, I can't get the hardware to boot up
> anymore as long as it is in this case. This is actually the 2nd time
> this has happened to me, and the other case I finally just got rid of.
> Any idea what could happen to a case to cause this?

I have seen cases (heh) where people haven't put those little dividers
between the motherboard and the case and then the computer not
booting. In fact, two weeks ago my husband was helping someone with
their computer and that seemed to be his problem. Once they unscrewed
the motherboard and put those separators/dividers (I don't know the
technically term) back and screwed it back together, it then booted.
Weird huh?