[Techtalk] Please help with Suse 10.2 install

Emily Berk emily at armadillosoft.com
Tue Jan 30 19:55:02 UTC 2007

I am a pretty new Linux administrator, and after repeated tries have not been able to install Suse 10.2 on my fairly old (~4 years old) IBM eServer.

When I install Windows, any version, there's no problem -- mouse, keyboard, CD, connection to Internet -- everything works fine.  I once successfully installed Caldera Linux.

But when I boot to the Suse Install CD 1, the menu shows up but the keyboard and mouse don't work.

SO, I tried booting to the non-graphical install on the same CD.  And I've tried every option -- linux, noacpi, nolapic, failsafe, memtest.

Each time, it displays "Loading linux .."

Just those two dots and then -- nothing happens.

I've looked but have not found a lot of information on troubleshooting a Suse installation, aside from the suggestion to try the non-graphical installation.

Is there some way to install Suse Linux from Windows?

Or, other suggestions?

TIA,

Emily

Emily Berk