[Techtalk] Userspace applications polling (Re: Gnome wireless manager?)

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Wed Jan 24 22:37:37 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007, Wim De Smet wrote:
> This makes me think of a paper[1] which got some attention a while
> back. The author was interested in just how much disks were polling
> the harddisk and stat'ing files (to optimize it) and he came up with
> some amazingly depressing results. It's an interesting read if you
> have the time.

There were two similar talks at linux.conf.au, including one by the same
speaker. Video should be up at [1] and [2] within the week, or check [3]
for links to an Ogg Theora file at the same time.

-Mary

[1] http://lca2007.linux.org.au/talk/38
[2] http://lca2007.linux.org.au/talk/221
[3] http://lca2007.linux.org.au/Programme