[Techtalk] problem with wireless/LAN router

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Jan 17 19:14:47 UTC 2007

Quoting Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com>:
> All the LAN machines can ping the router, but not each other. So I'm guessing
> it's some dumb thing I've overlooked somewheres.

What would a correct traceroute between the two show? and what does it
show? I am guessing that you should see a hop to the router, and then
to the other machine. But not sure that is correct. If the machines
are all on the same network segment, should they be trying to talk to
each other directly? Looking at a couple of my machines, I think they
should try to talk directly. Did you already give us the output of
'route'?

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu