[Techtalk] debian etch, modem and kppp

Mike Carter mikecar52 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 13:16:27 UTC 2007

Thanks Wim,
as requested:

debian2:/etc/modprobe.d# grep -R slamr *
sl-modem-daemon.modutils:alias char-major-242 slamr
sl-modem-daemon.modutils:install slamr modprobe --ignore-install
ungrab-winmodem ;  modprobe --ignore-install slamr; test -e
/dev/slamr0 || (/bin/mknod -m 660 /dev/slamr0 c 242 0 2>/dev/null &&
chgrp dialout /dev/slamr0)
debian2:/etc/modprobe.d#

ebian2:/etc/modprobe.d# apt-cache policy sl-modem-source
sl-modem-source:
  Installed: 2.9.9d+e-pre2-7
  Candidate: 2.9.9d+e-pre2-7
  Version table:
 *** 2.9.9d+e-pre2-7 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.org testing/non-free Packages
        500 http://http.us.debian.org testing/non-free Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
debian2:/etc/modprobe.d#

BTW modem-daemon doesn't seem to work from my limited knowledge.  The
output you requested doesn't look right but I wouldn't know.
cheers