[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk Digest, Vol 48, Issue 4

Robyn M rob_39 at bigpond.com
Sat Feb 10 07:10:32 UTC 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:39:57 +1030
Robyn M <rob_39 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 08:13:09 -0800 (PST)
> Melanie <linuxgrrlv2 at yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hi Robyn,
> >
> > > What sort of network card do you have and do you
> > > know if it is working?
> >
> > I know it works in windows, as that's what I started
> > with and there were no errors.
> >
> > > you may need to be root to do this. If you could
> > > copy the line about
> > > Ethernet Controller here that'd be best.
> >
> > 03:05.0 FireWire (IEEE1394) Agere Systems FW323 (rev
> > 70)
> >
> > 03:0a.0 Communication Controller: Agere Systems:
> > Unknown device 0620
> >
> > 00:14.0 Bridge: nVidia Corp MCP51 Ethernet Controller
> > (rev a3)

My mistake in the last message. Above is the Ethernet Controller
line. You'll have to make sure that the kernel version in your
Mandriva supports this Ethernet Controller.

Robyn
--
And above all society needs to encourage the spirit of voluntary
cooperation in its citizens. When software owners tell us that