[Techtalk] helphelphelp! (a network yelp)

Melanie linuxgrrlv2 at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 7 20:41:58 UTC 2007

I've just spent the last day and a half trying to get
help setting up my internet connection through the
'Mandriva Club' forums and 'Mandriva Expert' online
help (for something that I paid for I'm not terribly
happy about the 'help' I'm getting). It's just NOT
working. I've gotten enough polite directions to RTFM
to last me a while.

I have a copy of Mandriva 2006 which I bought last
summer and just installed yesterday morning. The
graphical network administration tool is very pretty,
but I'm not getting anywhere with it.

Can someone walk me through how to get it to recognize
my ethernet card and set up DHCP for adsl? I'm utterly
lost...

Thanks(:

~Mel
(used to be wannabe geek, poking around in the pond
again and getting frustrated)

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the
difference between lightning and the lightning bug.
		-- Mark Twain