[Techtalk] ldap problems

Maria McKinley maria at shadlen.org
Tue Aug 21 17:57:34 UTC 2007

Hello,

Any ldap experts out there? I have finally managed to move my ldap
database to a new machine (using slapcat and slapadd), and to get ldap
working on the new machine. However, it seems that passwords were not
transferred over. How do I get the passwords from the old server to
the new server? Curiously, shadowLastChange field also was not
transferred, but all other fields are present. Does this mean there
was something wrong with my ldif file? The fields seem to show up ok
in the ldif file.

thanks,
maria