[Techtalk] The Regex Coach

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Aug 10 19:20:00 UTC 2007

Quoting Ian Balchin <aesop at fables.co.za>:
> There is a tar archive which I have downloaded and it contains
> instructions on building an RPM which I understand to be Red Hat
> terminology.
>
> Since I am running Debian will this still be the way forward?

Debian uses a different package management system than RH. You might
be able to find instructions about how to create a .deb (the package
for Debian) but if there are instructions about how to install
directly from source (probably into /usr/local/), that is probably the
easiest. Debian users feel free to correct me if I am wrong about that.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser