[Techtalk] Email service that does graylisting/razor/spamfiltering/etc?

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Wed Apr 11 14:55:48 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007, Kelly Jones wrote:
> Is there a reliable, fairly inexpensive service that does graylisting,
> razor-checking, sender address verification, RBL-checking, and other
> spam filtering? Specifics:

A second hand recommendation: http://www.junkemailfilter.com/ .
Recommentation source: http://www.rumble.net/blog/index.cgi/2006/10/17

Seems to meet your criteria except possibly challenge-response. Re this
one:
> % I'd like the ability to check my email via POP/IMAP. Size limits
> are OK: I plan to download email regularly.

I think what this service, and many others, do, is run a mail exchanger
for you, which then passes the filtered mail onto your server. (This
will be quite effective as long as you change your DNS records so that
their server(s) are the only mail exchangers for your domain, and
firewall your own server so that only they can connect to you on the
SMTP port.)

You can also get a list at
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/SpamFilteringServices choosing
between the ones that run an MX for you and expect to pass mail on to
your server ("Front End Services") and ones that provide you with a
delivery mailbox on their system ("Hosted Email Services")

-Mary