[Techtalk] logging problem at boot

Kai MacTane kmactane at gothpunk.com
Thu Oct 26 22:34:05 UTC 2006

At 01:11 PM 10/26/2006, Maria McKinley wrote:
>When I boot up my machine, I see a bright red failed, and something
>about syncookies, but it flies by too fast to tell what it is all about.

You don't mention what distro you're using, but "a bright red failed"
sounds to me like Red Hat, Fedora, or a derivative. In which case, if
it's already reached the point where it's doing the pretty ANSI
colored display, it may be logging into syslog/messages already. Have
you checked there?

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Playing dead and sweet submission,
  Cracks the whip deadpan on cue."