[Techtalk] Top 10 geek girls?

Valerie Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 19:59:49 UTC 2006

On 11/22/06, Wim De Smet <kromagg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just came across an article on slashdot linking to CNet's less than
> wonderful 'Top Ten Geek Girls' which you can find at:
> http://crave.cnet.co.uk/0,39029477,49285435,00.htm
>
> Seldom would I actually recommend anyone read an actual slashdot
> discussion but, if you take some care to avoid the trolls, the
> slashdot discussion it sparked actually produced a really nice list of
> influential geek women in history. There's a couple I hadn't heard
> about and I thought others on this list might find some they didn't
> know about either in there:
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/22/1338255

I second this; quite the educational list! (Note: Marie Curie used to
carry around radium and possibly polonium in her pocket, not
plutonium.) I suppose it just goes to show that if you want
intelligent discussion from Slashdot, you should start out with an
incredibly stupid article so they can complain about it. :)

-VAL