[Techtalk] meta refresh browser dependent?

Meredydd Luff meredydd.luff at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 4 01:06:20 UTC 2006

Also, if the behaviour you're experiencing is that the URL itself
isn't actually getting hit, perhaps the browser is "reloading" from
its own cache. (Konqueror, in particular, has a nasty habit of doing
this - perhaps FF too, I don't know). If that's the case, why not try
using the various HTTP cache headers - or, alternatively, include a
random parameter in your refresh url (eg 'http-equiv="refresh"
content="180;url=http://somehost/foo.php?x=0.23267430501"', with the
value of 'x' changing each time the page is refreshed). It's probably
not the pretty way to do it, but I've used this hack myself, and I've
seen it "in the wild", too...

Meredydd