[Techtalk] Alternative ways to implement a mailing list...

Jason Landry jaselan at gmail.com
Wed May 24 07:04:31 EST 2006

If one is not in a position to run [Mailman] on a [server]... what
alternatives exist for running a mailing list with ones own domain
name. Some cursory searching revealed outfits like --
http://www.milepost1.com/ -- where they'll host your domain name and
provide ML services; but is that it?... I've got a web hosting plan
right now that includes e-mail addresses and `aliases'. I thought hey,
I can define a list and then point [alias] an e-mail address at it and
thus create a sort of de facto mailing list, but it seems the alias
capability is *one* address to *one* other only (I'm still waiting on
word from tech support, vis-a-vis). The other thing I saw was
something about implementing an ML in a web page (my plan has PHP,
btw)... Any suggestions Chix?

-- J