[Techtalk] Grub defaults after new kernel image install

Gina Lanik geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at
Wed Jul 26 07:24:55 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:23:15PM -0700, Cynthia Kiser wrote:
> Quoting Gina Lanik <geekgrrl at geekgrrl.priv.at>:
> > How do I determine which one was booted last except for rebooting and
> > checking which one grub "suggests" due to savedefault? Maybe I didn't
> > understand the concept properly?
>
> I don't have anything set up using savedefault, so I can't look. But
> just a guess, is there file in with the grub stuff with a mod time
> that suggests it was written the last time you booted?

Not that I know of. A friend of mine told me about /proc/cmdline but that
only shows the root-device of the "kernel" line which was last booted (e.g.
"root=/dev/mapper/rootvg-lv_root ro").

Cheers,

Gina
--
Gina Lanik                      :: LinuxChix member
SysAdmin & DBA                  :: http://www.linuxchix.org/