[Techtalk] Connectivity Conundrum

Alexandra OConnor a.oconnor at keembay.plus.com
Thu Jul 13 20:29:57 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I'd really appreciate some help with this one!

I've got a Netgear DSL DG814 router with a Windows box and a Linux box connected
to it. The Windows box can see the world just fine (hence this email:-)

However, my Linux box seems not to be able to get out at all.

The Linux box has correctly got its IP address on startup and I can ping the
router successfully. So the communication between router and my machine seems fine.

The configuration of Thunderbird and Firefox hasn't changed.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Alexandra