[Techtalk] Reusable ADSL modem?

Dan dan at cellectivity.com
Thu Jan 19 21:05:47 EST 2006

I'm planning on getting broadband at home, which requires getting an
ADSL modem (and it's going to be a box external to the computer). What
are the chances that the modem that works with one company will work
with another?

As a related question, I assume that the modem connects by dialing the
provider's phone number. How is the phone number configured?

--
  [Mozilla] Firefox is better than Explorer by leaps and bounds. I
  don't miss Explorer one iota. Give Firefox a day's worth of Web