[Techtalk] mysql date types

rob_39 at bigpond.com rob_39 at bigpond.com
Sat Aug 26 12:28:09 UTC 2006

Hi all

My mysql database only accepts dates in year month day format. The format in Australia is day month year.

I've found the date format server variable but setting that to day month year doesn't help.

This database will be used by new users and they wont understand the date constraints if I have to leave it at year month day.

I'm writing a php interface for using the database. Is there a way in php that I can change the date around from a day month year entered into a year month day for the database.

Thanks

Robyn