[Techtalk] virtual hosting with zope

Noirin Plunkett plunkett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 05:45:52 UTC 2006

On 8/1/06, Kenneth Gonsalves <lawgon at thenilgiris.com> wrote:
> hi,
> i have set up an apache virtual host for a zope instance, exactly as
> in the zope book. But i get an error, you are forbidden to access '/'
> on this server. I remember solving this some years back, but cant
> remember how - any clues?

Check your config for "Deny from all" statements, and change these to
something that'll let you in :-) That's the most common cause of these
problems.

If that isn't it, have a look in error.log (your main config should
tell you where that's kept, if it's anywhere unusual), for the actual
Apache error, and see why it's forbidden. The error messages on the
server are usually much more helpful than what you get in your browser
:-)

Noirin