[Techtalk] Mystery cache

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Apr 11 19:56:48 EST 2006

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006, David Sumbler wrote:
> Unfortunately not - this version is based on Debian 3.1.  Although
> I've messed about quite a bit modifying an initrd to work on the Psion
> 7, I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough to attempt doing things from
> scratch with a newer distro.

That's the latest stable release, codenamed "sarge", isn't it? If so,
there are installable 2.6 kernels available for the most common
architectures as per http://tinyurl.com/n8lau . You will not need to
upgrade to use them.

You would most likely install via apt-get (eg "apt-get install
kernel-image-2.6-386" for x86 machines) rather than download package
files directly. Make sure your current kernel is bootable, do not remove
it, in case the new one doesn't work.

-Mary