[Techtalk] FreeBSD on ancient Pentium BIOS upgrade question

Robyn rob_39 at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 8 23:29:54 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 23:46 -0500, Alvin Goats wrote:
> OK, deep dark black magic ....

On the Seagate website at
http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/drivers/discwiz.html you could try
Disk Manager v9.56a it lists it at the bottom of the page.

Hard Drive controllers originally talked to the drive sector by sector
but their was a size limitation in this. Next they called a group of
sectors a cluster and used cluster by cluster but their was a size
limitation in this. Then they used several clusters at a time and so on.
LBA stands for Logical Block Addressing a hard drive doesn't physically
have 256 heads like the specs on yours says.

Some of this fudgery Alvin is describing below, Disk Manager is a last
resort.

Robyn