[Techtalk] CVS

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Mon Oct 31 18:26:44 EST 2005

On Sunday 30 Oct 2005 9:21 pm, linuxgirlie wrote:
> Does anyone have any time and patience to help me along, all the
> howtos have been a bit dated and useless, and sourceforge docs dont
> seem much help either.

I learnt cvs for the first time following sourceforge documents - my
advice is to just follow them step by step from the *command line*. In
fact, i only started fully understanding *what* cvs was a month or two
after I started using it on source forge. I think, if you use a gui,
you will never understand CVS. (there is also an excellent course going
on on the courses list, and i think the next lesson is going to be on
the nitty gritty of cvs

--
regards
kg