[Techtalk] Linux Laptops

Danyelle Gragsone ladynikon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 20:59:28 EST 2005

one of the problems with buying newer laptops to install linux on is that
the drivers for the hardware has yet to be written in linux. the dell
desktop machines we have here at work.. work very well with gentoo.
Everything seems to be supported. I am not sure about the laptops though. I
have a gateway 450sx4 and gentoo works very well on that. My lappy is a p4m
2.0ghz with 512mb of ram.