Linux support for Mac hardware (Re: [Techtalk] Linux Laptops)

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Thu Oct 27 17:14:12 EST 2005

On Thursday 27 Oct 2005 12:28 pm, Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> It's a thought, though.  I was assuming that Intel x86 would be the
> best supported, but if I got a Mac (a) I wouldn't be paying Windows
> Tax and (b) I might actually want to dual boot, rather than wiping
> the disk. I hear that Macs have some yummy multimedia tools.  On the
> other hand, it's such a bother having a dual-boot machine; one
> generally spends most of one's time in one O/S anyway, and then one
> misses the things one doesn't have in the other one.

many mac ppl dont dual boot - i'm not sure exactly what they do, but
aparently they run X on their ibooks. Cant get more info as both of the
guys i know are not on their usual channels. They *did* say that they
preferred to pay apple rather than windoze, and both are foss fanatics,
will consult and revert

--
regards
kg