[Techtalk] Improving Information Technology Projects.

Laurel Fan laurel.fan at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:20:56 EST 2005

IT means different things in different parts of the world, so I'm not
sure if this is what you're looking for, but a current hot topic in
software development project mangement is the general category of
Agile methodologies.  If you do a google search for "agile
programming" or "agile methodology", you'll get lots of information.
Some specific "agile" methodologies include extreme programming,
scrum, and RUP.  The general idea is that it's a fact that
requirements for software change (either because they actually changed
or because you didn't know what they really were when you thought of
them), so instead of trying to _reduce_ change, you embrace it and
design your process so that you can take advantage of it.

On 10/18/05, Sue Stones <suzo at spin.net.au> wrote:
> This is a question for a Uni assignment (I am declaring this in case
> anyone is sensitive about it).  I have to discuss some (novel) ideas on
> how to improve IT projects.  Project management is not my forte!  Does
> any one have any ideas on where I might start. Got any ideas?
>
> sue

Laurel Fan
http://dreadnought.gorgorg.org