[Techtalk] Gmail as backup?

Michelle Murrain michelle at murrain.net
Tue Nov 29 11:40:39 EST 2005

Hi,

Does anyone know of any scripts (perl would be fab) that can back up
local files (like, say, rsync) to your gmail account? I just found a
neat tool, called gDisk which allows you to copy files to your gmail
account, and it seemed it would be neat to come up with something
commandlineish that one could use to automate remote backups of
particular files and such.

I checked freshmeat, and didn't find anything like this.

If not, I might have to write one, which could be fun.

Thanks.

Michelle

Michelle Murrain
Seminarian, Pacific School of Religion
michelle at murrain.net
Blog: http://www.pearlbear.us

AIM:pearlbear0
googletalk:michelle.murrain at gmail.com

"To reach satisfaction in all desire satisfaction in nothing." -- St.
John of the Cross
"Rely on nothing until you want nothing" -- Dhammapada