[Techtalk] Perl/Python textbooks.

Kenneth Gonsalves lawgon at thenilgiris.com
Thu Mar 31 20:25:55 EST 2005

On Thursday 31 Mar 2005 3:03 pm, Dan wrote:
> > Python looks a lot more elegant so far - I don't know how else to
> > describe it - while Perl seems to be the Selleys Space Invader of
> > coding.
>
> I recommend starting with Python, because it enforces good coding
> practice. Perl allows you more freedom and is closer to a natural
> language, but more choice isn't necessarily a good thing for a
> beginner who doesn't know how to choose well.

i agree with this - and incidently, if you have the python docs
installed on your machine, there is an excellent tutorial written by
guido himself as well as a comprehensive reference for every module
included. Ideally you wouldnt need anything more
--
regards
kg

http://www.livejournal.com/users/lawgon