[Techtalk] Linux, Samba, and Windows XP

Julie Bovee joulie at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 12:04:11 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:05:57 -0800 (PST), Lucky Lady
<needlesschatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have Samba configured on my Linux box. When I try to
> access my Linux box through Microsoft Windows Network
> on my Win XP box, I don't see it listed. I can type
> the (static) IP address in the Microsoft Windows
> Network address bar and access it without problems.
> What do I need to do, to have an icon showing on my
> windows box?
>
> TIA,
>
> DaLy

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking, but it might be that you want to
map a network drive. If you do that, then you'll see a folder icon for
your Linux box.
See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308582&sd=tech
for instructions.

Julie